Mistkäfer

Ganzheitlich geplante Beweidung
Antworten
Manfred
Site Admin

Mistkäfer

Beitrag von Manfred »

Nicht nur Regenwürmer, auch Mistkäfer sind fleißige Tiefbauer.
Man kann sich vorstellen, wie sich das auf die Versickerungsfähigkeit und den Gasaustausch des Bodens auswirkt.

2018-09-11_FB_Dung_Beetle_Innovations.jpg
2018-09-11_FB_Dung_Beetle_Innovations.jpg (221.33 KiB) 11469 mal betrachtet
"A soil profile demonstrating buried dung balls by smaller high biomass dung beetles (eg onthophagines like taurus, binodis, gazella, vacca) (left), and sausages by bigger deeper burying dung beetles (eg Bubas bison, Geotrupes spiniger) (right). Two-thirds of each ball/sausage is left behind as carbon and nutrients for soil micro-macro organisms and plants once the new adults emerge. Imagine this under most piles of manure deposited on the pasture surface!"

Quelle:

Arne

Re: Mistkäfer

Beitrag von Arne »

Der Link funktioniert bei mir irgendwie nicht, aber das Bild ist beeindruckend! Würmer haben natürlich zusätzlich den Vorteil der Lebendverbauung oder auch der tiefen, für Wurzeln nutzbaren, Wurmgänge (Bodenlüftung, Infiltration, Auskleidung der Wurmgänge,...).

Aber natürlich sind Würmer nicht die einzigen "Gräber", der Fachbegriff ist hier "Bioturbation" - so ist es für die Genese von Schwarzerdeböden etwa auch von besonderer Bedeutung, dass Hamster dort arbeiten (auch dazu findet man eindrückliche Bilder im Netz).

Manfred
Site Admin

Beitrag von Manfred »

So ziemlich alles an Bodenleben strukturiert und bewegt irgendwie den Boden.
Ich wollte nur etwas provokant auf die häufige Überbetonung der Regenwürmer hinweisen, und auf die Bedeutung der Integration der Pflanzenfresser oben auf dem Boden in die Kreisläufe des Lebens.

Manfred
Site Admin

Beitrag von Manfred »

Marcus Byrne: Der Tanz des Mitkäfers

Manfred
Site Admin

Beitrag von Manfred »

Manfred
Site Admin

Beitrag von Manfred »

Manfred
Site Admin

Beitrag von Manfred »

"A recent visitor to the Double Helix Ranch came to pick up a couple of heifers he had purchased. He didn't warn me that he was coming, so we had to ride around and find the herd. As we did, we had the following conversation:
Him: "Wow, you have great grass in this pasture. How long has it been since your cattle were in here?"
Me: "They have been in here since last fall."
Him: "No way! There is so much grass, and I have not seen a single cow pie!"
Me: "The cattle dung doesn't stay on the surface for long, especially this time of year. It gets buried quickly by dung beetles. All that buried dung improves and fertilizes my soil, so the grass grows well here."
Him: "I've seen dung beetles at my ranch, too, but they don't begin to get rid of all my dung."
Me, spotting herd: "There they are, let me show you my dung beetles."
Him, looking at a fresh dung pile (shown in the video), quickly disappearing as dung beetles carry it away: "That's amazing! Where did you get all these dung beetles?!?"
Me: "I just don't poison them, and they multiple quickly."
Him: "I don't poison my dung beetles, either, but I sure don't have them like this."
Me: "Do you de-worm your cattle?"
Him: "Yes, Ivermectin, twice a year."
Me: "The Ivermectin ends up in the cattle dung, and it is highly toxic to dung beetles."
Him: "Well, how do you de-worm your cattle? They look great, so why don't they have worms?"
Me: "Because my ranch isn't covered in dung." "

Antworten